A subtly sweet yet savory lentil dish to serve as a meal or side dish.
- 1 cup green lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
Combine all ingredients in a pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender.
- Serve over baked winter squash, like butternut or kabocha squash.
- Serve over brown rice (or quinoa) and roasted broccoli.
- Serve cold over a fresh, leafy green salad.
- Add as a topping to avocado toast.